We Have Grant Money To Teach ‘How To Get Published.’
This is the presentation of the grant money so that Imogene Nix and I can teach How To Get Published.
Continue reading →
Suzi Love is visiting the lovely Dames of Dialogue and talking about the outback of Australia.
We’d love you to drop by for a visit and tell us what you think of outback Australia.
Would you like to visit our Australian outback?
Outback Australia by Suzi Love
In the outback, distances are vast and the area in my state alone is the size of several small European countries.
The outback is a mixture of gulf wetlands and waterholes, red desert and sand dunes, pockets of lush grasslands, and enormous cattle stations. These stations truck cattle to market by road trains, semi trailers pulling one, two, or three trailers, or dogs.
These road trains take up the full width of most outback roads so travelers learn quickly to get off onto the side of the road when you see a large cloud of dust coming towards you, because chances are it’s a road train and the driver is hurrying to get the cattle to shipping ports or to saleyards and abattoirs.
Outback Cattle Truck
Read more about : Outback Australia at Dames of Dialogue by Suzi Love
Toowoomba Carnival Of Flowers, Australia.
I’ve been remiss in not posting some of my photos from the amazing Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers in my state of Queensland, Australia. There is a street parade, gardens entering the competition, and public parks, gardens and buildings displaying their finest flowers.
Toowoomba : From Wikipedia
- Toowoomba (nicknamed ‘The Garden City’) is a city in South-East Queensland, Australia.
- It is located 127 km (79 mi) west of Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane.
- With an estimated district population of 157,023 , Toowoomba is Australia’s second most populous inland city and the most populous non-capital inland city.
- A university and cathedral city, Toowoomba hosts the Australian Carnival of Flowers each September, and Easterfest is held annually over the Easter weekend.
- There are more than 150 public parks and gardens in Toowoomba. It has developed into a regional centre for business and government services.
Hope you enjoy a peek at some of the flowers and gardens.
Woo Hoo! The first announcement for the 2012 Romance Writers of Australia Annual Conference on the Gold Coast of the state of Queensland, Australia.
Mark it in your diaries now – Can’t wait!
Announcing Diamonds Are Forever: Conference 2012
Name – Diamonds are Forever
Where – The funky QT Gold Coast Staghorn Avenue, Surfers Paradise
When – Thursday 16th August to Sunday 19th 2012
Updates – On the RWA website, the RWA Cruisin’ The Blog Blog and the RWA newsletter.